Lyth Arts Centre and Imaginate are collaborating in 2020 to support an artist to explore a new theatre and/or dance performance idea for young audiences and undertake a period of practical research towards a new piece of work.
This opportunity includes:
- A week in residence at LAC from Monday 22nd June – Sunday 28th June 2020
- A bursary of £2000 to cover fees, materials and per diems for the residency period
- Return travel to LAC from anywhere in Scotland
- Support and advice from Imaginate and Lyth Arts Centre staff
- Access to Go & See funding for the Edinburgh International Children’s Festival 2020 including seeing productions and taking part in the professional development programme for delegates
This is an opportunity for an artist interested in exploring a new performance idea for young audiences. It is open to those who have experience of working with this audience as well as those for whom this would be a new departure in their practice. We are especially interested in ideas that contributes to a wide-ranging and inclusive programme of performance, and work that addresses underrepresented voices and/or themes in the sector. If you would like to talk about your idea before applying contact Fiona Ferguson, Creative Development Director.