We request your attendance at the above event. This is a key meeting of members that support the future of Lyth Arts Centre. It is vital that as many audience members and supporters attend in order for us to reach our quorate.
– Current members of Lyth Arts Society are considered members of the organisation and have automatic voting rights.
– Others, who wish to vote at this event, can do so by registering as members, and paying £1 (or 50p for OAPS) on the door. We will also have a concert by the Caithness Big Band immediately after the meeting at 8pm (more info to follow) and your membership fee will be deducted from the ticket price.
The event is supported by current Trustees, including out-going Artistic Director and Founder, William Wilson, on whose behalf I write.
– As you will see from the linked documentation below we wish to change our legal form to ensure that the organisation is more robust, and that all its Trustees are protected by Limited Guarantee. The proposed constitution will be available to review on the evening of the 18th and is available beforehand on request.
– We also had a very positive response to a call-out in August/September 2016 for new Board Members. We are asking that these people are supported in their formal request for election, as per the attached agenda. More information on these people is attached.
– As per the current constitution other individuals are free to stand for election, and nomination forms/details are attached. Please note the deadline of 15th November.
Please bring any thoughts and questions with you – we will be more than happy to respond to them on the evening.
We do hope to see you there, and at the Caithness Big Band concert, which starts at 8pm after.
To RSVP for the meeting as well as The Caithness Big Band click the select options button below to use our normal online booking system and also below that is the other linked documentaion.
Andy Williamson on behalf of William Wilson (Artistic Director)